Bob Hughes is a Shareholder in the firm’s Real Estate and Commercial Transaction section. He graduated from the Virginia Military Institute in 1965, and received his law degree from the University of Florida in 1968. Subsequent to his graduation at Florida, Bob served a tour in Vietnam from 1969-1970 as a U.S. Army Intelligence Officer. He left the Army as Captain in December 1970 and has practiced with the firm continuously since 1971. He has been a Shareholder in the firm since 1975.
Although Bob’s practice has encompassed a variety of areas during his time with Barron and Redding, for the last twenty-five years, he has focused on the representation of commercial clients, including lending institutions, real estate developers, and resort operators. A significant portion of Bob’s practice entails assisting clients with all facets of real estate development ventures, including issues relating to land acquisition, financing, and regularly appearing before state and local elected and appointed boards or commissions.
Virginia Military Institute, B.A., 1965.
University of Florida, J.D., 1968.
- Phi Delta Phi
Bay County Bar Association
St. Andrews Bay American Inn of Court
Capt., U.S. Army Military Intelligence, Republic of South Vietnam (1969-1970)
- Until sold, General Counsel for Bay Point Leisure Properties and its affiliated companies, the owner of most of the commercial and recreation facilities at Bay Point Resort & Country Club. Representation including drafting, negotiating, and obtaining approval for a Development of Regional Impact, and amendments thereto; and full legal representation for development of the project.
- Represents several major banking institutions in documenting construction and acquisition loans, workouts, and other projects.
- Represents commercial developers in acquiring, developing, financing, and selling real property, including appearing before and negotiating with relevant governmental agencies.
- Represents the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation when appointed receiver for failed banking institutions.
- Agent for First American Title Insurance Company, Fidelity National Title Insurance, and Attorneys Title Insurance Fund, Inc.