Holly K. Melzer is a partner in the firm. Holly’s practice is primarily focused on representing individuals, businesses, developers, title companies and banks in a wide variety of commercial transactions including acquisitions of real property and business assets. Her experience includes representing developers in acquisition, design, entitlement processes, financing, and construction. Holly’s practice also focuses on representing financial institutions in complex commercial loan transactions and litigants in disputes relating to real property titles and interests, foreclosures, creditors’ rights, and business disputes. Holly is also a qualified title agent for Fidelity National Title and First American Title Insurance Company to handle residential and commercial real estate closings.
Holly works with her business clients in a variety of transactions as well as acts as general counsel to several local companies and medical practices, with such representation including asset purchases and sales, drafting employment contracts, advising on employment and staffing matters, and representing the company in employment and contract-related litigation.
Before joining Barron & Redding, Holly served the 14th Judicial Circuit as Assistant State Attorney and has acted as Assistant County Attorney for Bay County. Holly’s experience in local government law is a benefit to clients who seek her counsel in areas such as procurement, zoning, land use, and code enforcement.
Holly takes time to stay active in her community where she is on the Board of Directors of Anchorage Children’s Home and has been a member of the Junior Service League.
Florida Super Lawyers Magazine Rising Star (2016)
Girl Scout Council of the Florida Panhandle-Women of Distinction Award (2013)
Women of Distinction Law Honoree (2015)
Anchor of the Year Award – Anchorage Children’s Home (2018)
- University of Florida, B.S., Telecommunications (with honors)
- University of Florida, J.D., 2006 (cum laude)
- Florida Bar Grievance Committee, 14th Circuit
- 14th Judicial Circuit Bench/Bar Professionalism Committee
- Justice Teaching
- Bay County Teen Court Volunteer Judge
- American Bar Association
- St. Andrews Bay Chapter, American Inns of Court
- Bay County Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Northern District of Florida Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Bay County Chamber of Commerce - Board of Directors
- Tyndall Federal Credit Union - Supervisory Committee