Clifford W. (“Sandy”) Sanborn is a Shareholder in the firm’s litigation section. Sandy graduated from Florida State University College of Law in 1984 with high honors. He is a member of the Florida State Chapter of the Order of the Coif. With experience in civil litigation, Sandy has tried many cases to verdict in both federal and state courts. He has also argued cases before many appellate courts, including the Supreme Court of Florida and the Supreme Court of Delaware, and has been recognized as a Top Rated Lawyer in Commercial Litigation, as well as AV noted by Martindale Hubbell. These ratings indicate that Sandy has been deemed by his peers to have demonstrated the highest level of ethical standards and legal ability.
Sandy has been active with local and state bar organizations. He served on the Board of Governors for the Young Lawyers division of the Florida Bar from 1990-1995, and served on the Executive Committee in 1994 and 1995. Sandy served on the Grievance Committee for the 14th Circuit from 1997-2000. He served on the Florida Bar Board of Governors and is currently on the Executive Council of the Trial Lawyers Section of the Florida Bar.
- Florida State University, BA, 1980
- Florida State University College of Law, JD, 1984
- High Honors
- Order of the Coif
- American Bar Association
- The Florida Bar
- St. Andrews Bay Inn of Court
- Bay County Bar Association
- Florida Bar Board of Governors (2004-2010)
- Executive Council of Florida Trial Lawyers Section, (2002-present)
- 14th Judicial Circuit Grievance Committee (1998-2001)
- Young Lawyers Division, Board of Governors (1990-1995)